Sofia loves her eggies — My friend Gia provided me with this ayurvedic style recipe. Super simple- the most important part is that you use clean, organic ingredients.
Sofia’s Ayruvedic Scrambled Eggies
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) — buy some here.
- Himalayan Pink Salt
- Cayenne Pepper (I sprinkle just a little bit of it)
- Organic Turmeric (less than 1/4 tsp)
- Organic Half and Half
- Organic, cage free, free range eggs
- Organic Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- Heat Pan with 1+ tsp of Ghee
- Whisk eggs, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper together in bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of half and half while whisking
- Pour into pan and scramble
- I top with organic cheddar cheese and served with Raspberries (optional)
The benefits of Turmeric are incredible–it is one of the most potent anti-inflammatory spices available. However, when you combine it with black pepper and animal fat (Ghee) it becomes even more powerful and better for you! Also, this recipe is super yummy. I eat this for breakfast almost every day! 🙂
Here’s to a happy and healthy you!