This is my all time favorite smoothie (can you tell it’s Sofia’s too?). This one is great for combating inflammation in the body – I am a huge believer in using spices in everything including smoothies. Turmeric and Cinnamon enhance the flavor while also fighting off infection and disease in the body.
Tips: FREEZE your bananas- I always buy extra bananas and when they ripen I put them in a freezer bag. But make sure you peel them first – hehe Danielle 😉 …
- 1-2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 Cup of Greens of your choice (all I had in the fridge was salad so I used it here but I usually use spinach or kale)
- 1-2 cups of unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1 tbsp of nut butter (almond, cashew, or peanut)
- 1 scoop of protein powder (MY FAVORITE is Sun Warrior in vanilla)
- 1 tsp of Agave Sweetener or honey
- 1 tsp of Organic Turmeric
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top of smoothie
I don’t use ice because the frozen bananas make it cold enough and that way it doesn’t get watered down. Blend all ingredients together and top with cinnamon! Enjoy!
Here’s to a happy and healthy you. xo