Last night I taught yoga and Kiril usually says that’s the night he and Sofia “scavenge” for food…ha. But instead of scavenging he decided to make these egg muffins. I wish I could take credit because they are so yummy – but he did use my recipe 😉
What I love about this recipe is that you can refrigerate or even freeze these muffins, pop them in the microwave and you have a healthy snack or small meal ready to go.
Take and Go Egg Muffins Recipe
What you need:
- 6 Eggs, preferably free range organic eggs
- 1 tbsp of organic half and half
- Veggies (we used broccoli, sun dried tomatoes and onion)
- Coconut oil for pan frying
- Muffin Tin
- Coconut oil non-stick spray for muffin tin
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pink Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turmeric for anti-inflammation if desired
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Whisk eggs, half and half, salt and pepper, turmeric
- Rinse and chop up veggies
- Heat medium sized pan with some coconut oil
- Add veggies to pan and stir fry until the onion is translucent and the broccoli is bright green, season with salt and pepper
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick coconut oil spray
- Add veggies to each muffin slot
- Pour egg mixture over each opening, fill about 3/4 of the way up
- Place in oven, for 15 minutes, add shredded cheddar cheese and then cook for additional 10 minutes (25 minutes total)
As you can see, Sofia loves these egg muffins, too. Toddler approved! #winning… They are so simple yet so scrumptious and filled with nutrient rich veggies.
Here’s to a healthy and happy you!