I LOVE MEALS THAT BASICALLY MAKE THEMSELVES. Who doesn’t love that? I found this recipe on everydayayurveda.org and changed a few things around. Please check out the original recipe here.
Here is what you need:
- Rice Cooker or large pot
- 1 1/3 cups of Basmati Rice
- 4 Cups of Water
- Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Bunch of Organic Kale
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 Clove of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Whole Coriander Seeds (find it in the aisle with spices)
- 1 Teaspoon of Whole Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Basil for garnish
- Sriracha (optional)
- Ghee (optional)
- Wash Kale, De-stem, and chop up the leaves
- Chop up onion
- Cube Sweet Potato
- Finely Chop Garlic
- Pour Rice into rice cooker
- Pour Water into rice cooker
- Add kale, onion, garlic, sweet potato and all spices
- Turn on rice cooker, go relax.
- When rice cooker beeps that it is finished, take out mixture and put in a large mixing bowl (fyi the turmeric might turn your bowl yellow! It will come out)
- Pour can of coconut milk over mixture and mix evenly
- Serve in bowl and add fresh basil, salt and pepper.
- Optional, as seen above add Sriracha! or top with a Tsp of Ghee!
This recipe is so quick and easy, the only not so fun part is chopping and clean up! Let me know if you try it. It was pretty yummy. Kiril served his with Chicken but shrimp would be another good animal protein to add if you’d like. Or tofu for us veg people! Happy eating!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you!