Quesadillas are one of Sofia’s favorite foods, so I am happy that this is toddler approved! This is a quick and easy recipe to make during the week when you really don’t want to cook…
What you will need:
- Whole Wheat Tortillas, or Corn Tortillas if you want gluten free
- Organic Veggies of your choice, we chose Peppers and Onions
- Organic Cheeses, I use a blend of Cheddar and Mozzarella
- Olive oil for pan
- Avocado for topping if desired
- Spices: Pink salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, cayenne
- Wash and Dry Veggies, chop them to desired sizes!
- Rinse half of the can of beans
- Drizzle olive oil in pan over medium high heat and add veggies and beans.
- Season with cumin, S&P, Chili Powder
- Once veggie Bean Mixture is cooked, remove from heat
- Wipe out pan and add a drizzle more of olive oil
- Place one tortilla in pan and add half of the cheese, cover with the cooked veggie-bean mixture, add remaining cheese
- Place 2nd Tortilla on top
- Wait until desired crispiness on bottom side and then flip
- Once both sides have desired crispiness, remove from heat, plate and top with whatever your heart desires (I used avocado here but a favorite of mine is organic Lime crema– 2 tablespoons of sour cream, lime zest, juice from half a lime, mix together…it is seriously so yummy.
Here’s to a healthy and happy you! xo