Who doesn’t love a classic Strawberry and Banana Smoothie? As with most foods I do my best to put an anti-inflammatory twist on it. Also, we had some Kale from another recipe (Anti-Inflammatory One pot rice cooker meal) so we incorporated it to get our added Greens…
Also as a mama, Smoothies are my all time favorite way to get greens in her little body. She isn’t super picky with food but she is a Smoothie-holic…can you see it on her face? I also let her put all the ingredients in the blender and turn it on for an added bonus.
What you will need:
- Frozen Organic Strawberries and Bananas
- Organic Kale (fresh)
- Unsweetened Vanilla Organic Almond Milk
- Almond Butter (1tbsp) (can substitute cashew or peanut, your preference)
- 1 tsp of Turmeric, cinnamon for topping!
- Protein Powder of your choice, I have Vega so I used it here, sun warrior is my favorite brand though!
- I didn’t add any sweetener here but you can add some organic local honey or a little maple syrup if you’d like
- Add all ingredients into blender.
- Hire a toddler to help you!
- Turn on blender, if not mixing well add more almond milk.
- Pour into cups and top with cinnamon.
Here’s to a healthy and happy you!