It’s FRI-YAY!! Yesterday was a very busy day! By the time dinner rolled around I was so tempted to just order something, but the more I cook the less I seem to like eating out, especially to-go food! Since we are leaving today for Florida I decided to use whatever I could find in my fridge, and voila…Sesame Peanut Noodles were created. I had sweet potato noodles already spiraled from Wegmans and I was craving a dish that was sweet, salty and a little spicy for a balanced palate.
Let me know if you guys make this at home! It was so simple and all family members said it was one of their favorites (although Sofia will eat a cookie that fell on the ground so I am not so sure her opinion counts on this issue, haha). Enjoy!
What you will need:
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Organic Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds for topping
- Spiraled Sweet Potato Noodles
- Brown Rice Noodles
- Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 Tsp fresh grated ginger
- Zest and juice from half a lime
- Thai Basil or regular basil (1 big handful or more!)
- Pink Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Sriracha or Red Curry Paste to add spiciness (optional- I left this out because of Sofia)
- Soak Sweet Potato noodles and rice noodles in water
- Boil Water with Salt for rice noodles
- Steam broccoli
- Mince Garlic, finely chop onion
- Boil rice noodles for 4 minutes
- Remove and pour cool water over to stop the cooking process
- In a large wok or pan, drizzle sesame oil and place garlic and onion in there stirring constantly for 3 minutes, season with salt and pepper
- Add fresh ginger, lime juice, zest, peanut butter, a teaspoon more of sesame oil
- Optional, add red curry paste or garlic chili sauce here to make spicy
- 2-3 minutes longer, when the mixture has become more sauce like, add the sweet potato and rice noodles
- Mix Sauce throughout, adding a little water if sauce is too thick
- Add broccoli and basil and continue to mix together
- Season with Cayenne, red pepper flakes, pepper
- Drizzle 1 tsp of honey, taste test! Add any other spices at this time for your palate!
- Serve and top with toasted sesame seeds and/or Sriracha
Bon apetit! Have a great weekend!! Follow me on Instagram: @missjessashley for instastories of our upcoming trips to Florida and Hawaii!!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you, xo!