Happy Monday! We left the DC area on Friday night and drove 14 hours straight to Florida (yes, it was soooo long.) Despite the drive I love coming down here to see family! I made these pumpkin bars before we left and brought them down with us for my parents and sister to enjoy. These were so yummy and easy to make. Definitely not overly sweet, more of a breakfast bar. I recommend drizzling almond butter over yours. I adapted a recipe I found at The Ambitious Kitchen…hope you all enjoy!
What you will need:
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 small ripe banana
- Shredded coconut for topping
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips plus 2 tbsp for sprinkling on top (my little helper is a chocolate chip thief!)
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1 1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×11 or 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare oat flour by putting oatmeal in blender or food processor and blend for a few minutes until all oats have been blended and mixture resembles flour.
- Measure 2 1/2 cups of the oat flour and place in a medium bowl. Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, vanilla extract, oil, and banana and maple syrup for 1-2 minutes until the consistency is smooth and creamy. Slowly add in oat flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and let cool briefly before slicing into squares
- Top with shredded coconut and serve as is or drizzle melted almond butter on top!
TIP: These bars can be frozen and reheated in conventional toaster or microwave…!
Perfect breakfast bar for fall! Hope you enjoy!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you, xo