Happy Wednesday, everybody! I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend. I love having my birthday fall on a long weekend every year but it’s usually freezing in Virginia. Luckily we were blessed with 70 degree weather and had a blast at Stone Tower Winery in Leesburg, VA.
After indulging in cake and wine, I am making it a point to eat healthier this week! Sofia and I love making these easy protein pancakes. The great thing about them is that you can change up the flavor whenever you want. We top them with real organic Maple Syrup, nut butters or just enjoy plain!
What you need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 organic egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- optional: 1 tsp ground flax seed
- optional: 1 tsp cinnamon
- optional: ground oats or protein pancake mix
- optional: fruit
- Take all ingredients and blend in a blender until combined.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes or so.
- Heat a griddle or pan on medium heat.
- Pour batter onto griddle, option to add blueberries here.
- These cook extra quick so to do it evenly I recommend covering the pan with a glass lid.
- Flip when air bubbles show up throughout.
- Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!! This will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Enjoy! Here’s to a healthy and happy you! xoxo