Happy Sunday, everyone! In Northern Virginia we experienced a high of 78 degrees last week. No joke I put on a bathing suit and was outside in FEBRUARY! Totally enjoying it and soaking it up of course, but then my mind is like…GLOBAL WARMING AHHHH!!! Now it is back to feeling like a crisp winter day.
So as a Vegetarian, eating out can be a bit challenging. One of my favorite meals to order out is a Grilled Veggie Wrap. But, in most cases, the ingredients aren’t organic and yet the price is pretty steep. We have owned a George Foreman grill for like, 5 years and have barely used it. But we just discovered using it as a panini press and it has been life changing!!! baha.
I made this vegan veggie wrap with veggies we had grilled the previous night and some fresh kale, cucumber and onion. I dipped it in Annie’s Balsamic Vinaigrette. IT WAS SO GOOD. The vegan shredded cheese is “Daiya” but you can make it non-vegan with regular cheese.
This is so easy to do, it does require knowing how to roll a burrito [just google it and you will figure it out pretty quickly 😉 ]
What you need:
- Whole Wheat tortilla, option to use gluten free tortilla
- Hummus (I used roasted garlic!)
- Veggies of your choice-I chose:
- Fresh Kale (I massaged)
- Fresh Red Onion
- Grilled Veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onion)
- Daiya Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Jalapeños (I like the kick!) optional of course
- Dressing of choice for dipping
- Assemble the ingredients on tortilla
- Heat your panini press, George Foreman or pan
- Spray (pan/press/foreman) with olive oil or coconut oil
- Wrap tortilla with contents into a burrito
- Place wrap on heated surface and press down
- Wait a few minutes until outside is a little crispy and everything is heated on the inside
- Serve with dressing for dipping
In my attempt to focus more of a vegan, plant based diet this is something I can definitely incorporate. It was tasty and filling!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you! xoxo