Happy Friday!!! What a couple of weeks it has been! We are now only 28 days away from our wedding celebration. I am soooooooo excited to see all of the details I have been working so hard on come into reality. Wedding Planning without hiring a professional planner is basically like having another job — I give major props to everyone in that profession. You have to be extremely detail oriented!
With all this warm weather I am constantly craving tacos and margs!!
T A C O S!!! Who doesn’t love them?
I am a sucker for some sweet potatoes and roasted garlic so I decided to roast them in the oven together to get a nice char on the potatoes and a creaminess from the roasted garlic. I seasoned them with a store bought organic fajita spice mix that I used for the beans and veggies as well. When you incorporate the spice throughout the meal, it really brings a unity to all the ingredients. This can be vegan or you can add cheese if you are a queso lover like me ❤
We topped this with a Pineapple and Mango salsa from Wegmans which was the bomb. When coupled with hot sauce, the flavors balanced out so well and the taste was INCREDIBLE!
These are so filling and hearty compared to most veggie tacos – I highly recommend. Let me know if you try them via social media with the hashtag: #jessicaashleyrecipes
Here’s to a healthy and happy you!!
What you need:
- Tortillas (corn if you want to keep Gluten Free)
- 2 Organic Green Peppers
- 1 Small/Medium sized onion
- 1 large Sweet Potato, cubed (I prefer to leave the skin on)
- 1 Can or Package of Black Beans (BPA Free!)
- 2 bulbs of Garlic (left in their natural covering for roasting)
- Olive Oil
- Organic Fajita Spice Packet
- Lime Juice
- Fresh Organic Cilantro
- Heat Oven to 400 degree F
- Prepare Sweet Potato Cubes and Garlic Bulbs by tossing in olive oil and 1/4 of the spice packet. Add juice from 1 lime wedge.
- Roast in Oven for 35-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop onion and peppers julienne style and toss in olive oil, lime juice (1-2 wedges) and 1/2 of the spice packet.
- Rinse Black Beans and add in small pot. Season with 1/4 (rest of the spice packet). Lime zest, and 1/2 lime juice.
- Toss the onion and peppers in a large pan with 1/4 cup water, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Continue stirring veggie mix every so often as to ensure it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Once the veggies are soft they are finished, reduce heat to low to keep warm or turn off and cover.
- Heat Beans on medium heat and then reduce to low to keep warm.
- Once the sweet potato and garlic is ready remove from oven and squeeze the garlic out of its shell into bowl with potatoes.
- Heat Taco Shells.
- Build tacos with Beans, Veggies, Potatoes, Garlic, Cheese (optional), pineapple/Mango Salsa, fresh cilantro, hot sauce (optional).