Happy Monday, Everyone!! It has been the warmest winter in Virginia since I can remember…tomorrow we are supposed to have a high close to 70…what the heck?? I mean I am totally soaking it up but inside my mind is like “this isn’t right…”
Anyways, I wanted to share a quick post about some of the healthy lifestyle changes I have done that have truly impacted my health in a positive way. I have posted before about how I aim to lead an anti inflammatory lifestyle based on Ayurvedic principles. You may remember me talking about the Turmeric Supplements I take as well as Vitamin D, and a Probiotic…but I haven’t really discussed the other “Vitamins” I take. I started taking JuicePlus regularly about 6+ months ago.
Ok, what is Juice Plus+?
- Juice Plus+ is not really a vitamin. Multivitamins contain a number of certain vitamins and minerals often derived from unnatural and sometimes harmful sources.
- Juice Plus+ is juice powders from 17 fruits, vegetables, and grains. These foods contain naturally occurring vitamins, antioxidants and other phytonutrients (even some of the fiber) found in the fruits and vegetables themselves. It’s the next best thing to eating all 17 of these every single day.
- Yes, you still have to eat your fruits and veggies! Juice Plus+ does not replace what you should be eating nutritionally but allows you to stay committed to hitting your goal of consuming high amounts of fruits and veggies which we all know leads to a healthier lifestyle. The key is prevention!
To be honest, I was really really hesitant at first. I am not a fan of pyramid structure products and sales and felt that might have an impact on the product and the person selling it to me. You can’t find JP in stores, you order from a dealer. So this was the biggest thing for me to overcome. But then I did some research. And the research is RIDICULOUS and so validating to see how beneficial this little supplement is to my lifestyle. So I was in.
Why I choose to take Juice Plus+:
- They are certified non-GMO (genetically modified organisms) and are free of pesticides and other gross chemicals.
- NSF International is an independent, not-for-profit organization that helps protect consumers by certifying products and writing standards for food, water, dietary supplements and consumer goods. They have certified the Juice Plus+ products per NSF/ANSI Standard 173, the only accredited American National Standard for dietary supplements and functional foods.
- OMG THE BEST POOPS OF YOUR LIFE. (this is important, people…) One of my first posts mentioned the importance of your digestion and how Ayurvedic theory suggests that disease/illness actually begins in your bowels and digestive system. The more you release toxins from your body, the better!
- They give me ENERGY! As a mom of a 2 year old, this is one of the best effects ever.
- I’ve lost weight. I wasn’t really meaning to but since taking JP I have lost weight and I have fewer cravings.
So there you have it! If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I am going to host a Juice Plus+ party on Facebook next week starting this weekend so if you are interested in learning more just by being a part of the group let me know.
Remember you are what you eat! Let’s reduce the amount of artificial and processed foods we consume and start focusing on feeling good body and mind. Juice Plus+ is a way to help get us there.
Here’s to a healthy and happy you! xoxo