Okay, so this salad has been my new favorite meal – I like it so much I eat the leftovers for breakfast sometimes. It’s a spin off of my Faux Sweet Green Salad Recipe – and I absolutely love that it’s warm. So it might be a big favorite in the fall but I’m sharing it now as there were many people on Instagram asking for the recipe!! Super easy to make, you can find Tuscan Kale at your local supermarket or preferably at your local farmers market! Try to buy organic where and when possible! I hope you all enjoy it!
What you need:
- 1 Head of Tuscan Kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes, cubed
- 2 Cups of Wild Rice, cooked
- Green Onion
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup of white wine (can use water if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup (+ more for sweet potatoes) of Balsamic Vinaigrette (this is something that if you buy from an artisan oil and vinegar shop can REALLY transform the dish!) – try to splurge on nice olive oil and balsamic when possible 🙂
- Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes
- Balsamic Drizzle for topping
- Olive Oil
- Heat Oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit, place sweet potato cubes on cookie sheet and drizzle olive oil, balsamic vinegar and S&P over them mixing to coat evenly. Cook for 20-35 minutes depending on how cooked you prefer them (I actually like when they are a little charred!)
- Meanwhile, cook rice, chop kale, prep other ingredients.
- Once rice and potatoes are done, drizzle olive oil in a pan and add the kale and 2-3 stems of green onion also roughly chopped, seasoning with salt and pepper. Turn heat to medium and add the white wine and cover, reducing heat as necessary.
- Make sure to keep stirring so the ingredients don’t stick to the pan.
- Once Kale looks bright green, add rice, sweet potatoes, garlic and season.
- Add balsamic vinegar and continue stirring.
- Once the smells are very fragrant and the ingredients have soaked up most of the liquid, plate and serve warm.
- I suggest drizzling balsamic glaze, topping with fresh herbs and red pepper flakes…Enjoy!!
- For my carnivore readers – this is a great salad to top with grilled salmon or warmed goat cheese!!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you! xoxo