It’s that time of year again…the sniffles, head cold, sore throat, allergies, feeling crappy “season.” I used to run to the doctor whenever I thought I had a cold and always left with a script for antibiotics. YIKES. If you read my blog before, you know how I feel about antibiotics- they are an AMAZING drug but scientifically it is best to save them for the time(s) you REALLY need them (hopefully never!)
Most common colds and ailments can be cured holistically by my 3 step method! The key is to start the regimen at the FIRST sign of feeling sick (waking up with a sore throat, a case of the sniffles, etc.)
What you will need:
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Local Honey (better if Raw!)
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg’s pictured above is my favorite)
My 3-Step Sickness Cure:
- Salt Water Gargle
- Dissolve pink salt into warm water. GARGLE and spit out contents several times until the water mixture is gone. The salt will do a wonderful job of destroying the icky bacteria but leaves the good stuff in the back of the throat. Win, win.
- Shot of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Shots, shots, shots! Take a shot of apple cider vinegar. WARNING- this is the toughest part of the 3 steps. I don’t pour an entire shot because it really is tough to take. BUT, the benefits of this outweigh the difficulty of keeping it down. You will get used to it!
- Spoonful of local honey with cinnamon
- This is my favorite step to the process- pour some honey on a spoon and top with cinnamon. Both have beautiful natural antibiotic effects – try to coat the back of your throat as you suck on the spoon.
Pretty soon, you will be back feeling well in no time! I repeat this process morning and night until I am feeling better. It has worked for me for years and I swear by it!
Here’s to a healthy and happy you, xo!